TCP: Free Willy


posted by Rechie on

4 comments

It's time for couch potatoes to gather together and share a favorite movie or a movie that is unforgettable. The theme this Tuesday is Phileo / Friendship Love: Camaraderie and Friendship. 

Sypnosis

Fishermen separate a young orca whale (Willy) from his parents and he ends up in a fish bowl at a marina. Meanwhile, a street kid runs afoul of the law and gets caught vandalising the marina, but his social worker gets him off the hook (so to speak) provided he cleans up his mess at the marina. While there, he befriends the whale and teaches him tricks, something the trainer hasn't been able to do. But when Willy is a dud in front of the audience, the marina owner plans some bad things, and the boy and his friends must try to free Willy.
This movie was released on 1993 by Warner Bros. directed by Simon Wincer starring Jason James Richter, the cute boy who befriends a killer whale named Willy. For sure Jason James is fully grown up now. I remember, I first watched this movie when I was younger at our neighbor's for we have no TV back then. I was even beaten by my mother for not completing a chore she gave to me just to watch this movie. The beaten was all worth it for I completed watching the whole movie, the movie that touched my young heart. The friendship between the boy and the whale is so amazing that I so wanted to help him Free Willy while watching. 

There is a 2010 released sequel of this movie, Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove, which I longed to watch. Hopefully, I could rent a DVD to watch it. 



4 comments