Archive for April 2011
posted by Rechie L on just beautiful
How I wish she is my daughter. She is just beautiful isn't she?
I have a very weird craving at this early morning. It actually feels so cold. I am even shivering right at this very moment while typing on the keys for this post but for some reason I crave for halo-halo, a very cold one with lots of shaved ice.
Below are pictures of semi-special halo-halo that my sister and I shared two weeks ago. The purple yam under the shaved ice and the ice cream above topped with corn flakes are so inviting.
Dipolog City boulevard.
Wow! I am so happy! I got very excited upon checking my email (a CC) about my winning after getting up late tonight. Yep, my lazy butt slept all day long. I just got back home from my parents' last night around 11 in the evening and fell asleep as soon as hit the bed. I made a blog post early morning while talking to hubby over the phone and fell asleep again after our conversation and just woke up about 3 hours ago.
Back to my winning, I feel so lucky this year. This is so far the 2nd contest that I won. Thank you so much Lainy for hosting such grand contest! Of course, thanks to the generous sponsors who made Lainy's 3rd Blogoversary possible. Aside from winning awesome prizes off this giveaway, I as well win knowledge with this gravatar thingy. And that, I thank Lainy so much. Thank you again Lainy and to the sponsors. To my co-winners, congratulations to you all!
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
I am finally back to my lair from my 3-day stay at my parents place. I am trying to catch the train to Sunday Stealing today. I am glad I still got a ticket. Cheers to all of us thieves!
Four Places I go:
Four Crushes I Have:
1. Piolo Pascual
2. Coco Martin
3. Vanness Wu
4. Jason Statham
Four Smells that I Love:
1. Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue
2. Victoria Secret's Love Spell
3. the fragrant of Sampaguita flowers
4. my husband's armpit
Four Favorite TV Shows:
1. Pinoy Big Brother
2. The Tyra Banks Show
3. The Biggest Loser
4. Pinoy Got Talent
Four Favorite Movies:
2. Babe, I love you
3. Ms. Congeniality
1. watch Crank starring Jason Statham (if you haven't seen yet)
2. listen to Half Crazy by Freestyle (searc for it)
3. read and comment my blog posts
4. visit my new blogs Chiz Dogz and A wife's Online Abode
Four People that I'd love to read their Fours:
2. Mary Anne
Four Things about me that you don't know:
1. i don't like waiting
2. i hate false hope
3. i'm currently striving to get back in shape
4. a water person now
Four bands that I love:
3. Black Eyed Peas
I am posting an old photo from my cooking blog, which is currently hidden. I will totally delete that blog once I am done sharing all the food photos from there to here. Today, I am sharing hubby's style Spaghetti.
It's time for me to be in the picture. If you don't take a picture of me, I'll take a self shot. Lol! This is one of those nights when my younger sis and I play with the camera before sleeping.
posted by Rechie L on just beautiful
Now, how did he manage to give me a Valentine's gift when he was miles away? Well, that superman had this gift hidden somewhere in my old apartment before he left for work from his vacation that year. It was on the first week of January, 2008 when he left. So he had this gift wrapped in hot pink gift bag hidden in my apartment. When we talked on Valentine's day (3 months before our wedding) he told me to find a pink bag hidden somewhere in my apartment for that was his Valentine's gift for me. He hid it above the built-in drawer. He sure had hid it while I was sleeping. Because I am a dwarf, I had to stand up on my study table just to get it. The gift is just beautiful but I am counting on the beauty of my husband's effort just to give his gift on that very first heart's day of mine being an engaged-to-be-married woman.
Ops, it is not what you are thinking. I am talking about the girls who like drinking "The Bar" gin. For sure you are familiar with it. Aside from wine, I am into gin and it is The Bar that I like recently. According to its TV ad, "Alway open The Bar". So whenever my friends and I bond, we always open The Bar as long as we have sponsors.
Here are the The Bar girls. Are we drunk yet? Click on the photo to enlarge, that way you can check if we already have rosy cheeks. As on me, you can check if I am drunk through my eyes. It is my pair of owl-eye that gets rosy.
Anyway, we were drunk that night that we did some crazy stuffs like singing and dancing. We even took videos of us talking crazy talks. Of course, we deleted them after we've watched such shameful videos.
We blamed it all to: The Bar...lol!
posted by Rechie L on personal
I am just done talking to superman a while ago. We talked about a change in our plan and whatever it is, it is between me and superman. But to give you a hint, that change of plan favored on my part. Although I've had a pile of tests lately (well, I still am), I could say I am victorious! Anyway, he's at his sister's. It was funny because while he was talking on the phone, his sister took stolen shots of him
Sister in law emailed me these photos right away after taking them. Sorry about the blurred photos. These were taken using SIL's phone, which she also uses to email me.
This one is quite clear. I am glad she got a closer shot of him.
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
[read more please]
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Tell us who the last person that you took a shower with. My husband..and it has been almost a year
2. Tell us about your favorite tee-shirt. Extra points if you show a pic. (We know. What can you do with freakin' extra points?) Lol! A black sweat shirt given by hubby. He had it custom-made, a smaller version of his sweat shirt. It served as our first couple shirt.
3. Has anyone ever hit on you even though they knew you were taken? yeah...it's the money that they want actually (most of them)
4. Do you plan what to wear the next day? no
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? Why? wide awake, just had my third cup of black coffee...
6. What's the closest thing to you that's black? lol! My keys/keyboard
7. Tell me about an interesting dream you remember having. grim reaper picking me up but hubby stopped him and i woke up
8. Did you or might you meet anybody new today? probably not, i'll stay home
9. If you could be doing anything right now (or perhaps after you finish this ridiculous meme) what would it be? sleeping
10. Can you think of a meme question that's never been asked? how many sticks of cigarettes you smoked today?
11. What comes to mind when I say China? great wall
12. Are you overly emotional? ehh no...
13. If you could listen to just one rock album (CD, vinyl or mp3) which one would you pick? The Next Episode by Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg, the late Nate Dogg, and Kurupt. I super love the beat.
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? lick it..biting it hurts my fake teeth..lol
15. Do you like your car? no, i like to have a car Yes! read it baby read it..lol
16. Do you like yourself? yeah.....
17. Would you go out to eat with Charlie Sheen? it would be my pleasure as long as i can invite my husband
18. What was the last song that you listened to? I got love by Nate Dogg
19. Are (or were) your parents strict? Back when they thought i was a baby..but when i turned 17, no..coz i was no longer under their roof
20. Have you ever wondered what attending a wild orgy (if only to watch or...) would be like? I wondered yes,...but not until I watched Rome...that was cool...lol!
It is time for the delicious meme, Food Trip Friday! Here's my share:
Also, I think of doing a major remodeling of this blog. It will happen soon.
We are just beautiful!
Anyway, only few of these friends have stayed close to my heart despite the distance while the others are out of reach, living their own lives. Some of them may be far beyond my reach but the friendship they've once shared with me remains, as always. That’s why I still have this picture, one of those I’ve saved in a compact disk.
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
Cheers to all of us thieves!
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers? can I prefer both? lol
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo? snakes
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic? yes
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off? i don't know i haven't experienced
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it? none
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick? freedom of speech to stop gossips and cusses
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole? is there no other option?
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television? watching Television, you didn't say watching movie
84. What do you think makes someone a hero? being brave to stand before the firing squad
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in? hello kitty
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach: Kris Aquino - the way she talks and acts but I watched her movie last night, the Dalaw and it was good.
87. What was the last thing you paid for? water
88. Are you a coupon clipper? yes, online
89. Get anything good in the mail recently? nope
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class...dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling? dancing
91. In Star Trek people 'beam' back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends? No, one is the real person who died after he/she gets beamed while the other one stands up as a clone. Although they think alike and look alike but a clone is a clone, a copy is a copy. I have a complete copy of Star Strek series but haven't really finished watching it.
92. What insects are you afraid of? bee, it bites
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say? I just had a wake up call.
94. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn? back when skinny jeans was not a thing, my mother forced me to wear saying it looks cool. I nearly cried but i had no choice. She said when skinny jeans comes back to the recent trend list, women would die for it. I don't.
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be? watermelon - it is food and water in one
96. What are your parents interested in? us to have a much better life than theirs
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet? yes, a butterfly. I kept it inside the house but Chizka chased it and played it, dead.
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal? no and never planned
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans? plans with deeds
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest? When I have problems
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. flashlight, foods enough for three days and drinking water
Last night was the second time we had watermelon sprite float. We usually order coke float from Jollibee together with regular yum or burger steak but we like watermelon sprite float better than coke since the first day we tried it. There's chemistry between sprite and watermelon or maybe the taste was just playing our taste buds. Try it!
posted by Rechie L on home and living
I was a bit disappointed with the constructors’ job on our bedroom floor. I could say they didn’t do a good job in installing the tiles because after a few months, I already noticed cracks on some tiles. I wonder if we let them Install hardwood floor instead of tiles, would have it been better? Wouldn’t there be any cracks? I am pretty sure we got quality tiles as we, my husband and me, were the ones who hand-picked the tiles from one of the best tile and brick stores here in the city.
I could not put all the blame to the construction workers though. Maybe we were at fault too because we rushed them. We gave them a deadline to finish the job and it was not just the floor they worked on but also the terrace and the bay windows for downstairs and upstairs. We hurried the workers to finish the reconstruction before Christmas last 2009 because we were to celebrate Christmas here, which we didn’t able to. Although they didn’t totally finish the work on the given deadline, they did finish what was needed on Christmas season like the bedroom area and the windows. So instead of celebrating Christmas at our new reconstructed home, we decided on celebrating New Year instead. By that time, the reconstruction was completed.
Join this meme by posting a photo of you with a child, spouse, friend or even by yourself every Thursday. Simply click on the badge to learn more about how to join and visit other "shoot me" participants.
I had a lot of coffee last night because I wanted to stay
away awake for the whole night. I surely had more than ten cups. Even though I planned on staying up all night, my computer didn’t let me. It slept before its sleeping time again. I tried to switch it back on but didn’t power up. I pressed the power button many times like what I used to do to it when feeling not yet finish with Internet for the night. I did the other night too and it worked but last night the computer was stubborn. It used to work back on when switched on many times or after letting it rest for 30 minutes but last night it acted up for some reason.
So I just decided to go to bed. While there lying down, I suddenly felt like losing breath then my visual was spinning. It seemed like I was attacked by asthma but wondered why my head felt so light. Besides, I never had asthma. Or, does my smoking had it developed and now I am having it?