It Is First Day Of School


posted by Rechie on ,

2 comments

Today is the first day of school and being a guardian to my younger brother and sister, I have to wake up early too to prepare their breakfast. This is clear to say that I am not studying this year. I am thinking that if I continue my college studies, who will take care of my siblings and prepare their school needs? So, I will be acting like a mother to them for the next 5 months and maybe for the next 3 years. 
My brother who is taking Bachelor of Science in Marine Technology has endurance training for 3 days that started today from 5 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon. It means I need to be up around 4 in the morning to wake him up and to prepare the breakfast. Today though, I was not able to wake up at 4, so my husband who understands that I need sleep did the things that I supposed to do which is waking my brother up and cooking for breakfast. I am so glad my husband is very supportive to be my substitute and did my responsibility to my siblings. I make sure I'll sleep real early tonight to be able to get up early.
My youngest sister, on the other hand is taking Hotel, Restaurant and Information Management. She is dreaming to have a restaurant by the beach someday. Well, it is amazing for a 17 year-old girl to dream that big. I am just so happy that at least two of my siblings have plans for their future. It turns out that my younger sister Chem is the black sheep in the family for hating school. I hope someday she'll grow up and think that school is the most important stepping stone to success for without school, we can't have a good job in the future. 

2 comments