Food Trip Friday: Sauteed Shrimp Paste


posted by Rechie on

4 comments


A day before yesterday, my youngest sister accompanied me at the wet market to buy a kilo of fish and some vegetables. We planned on cooking fried fish and fish sinigang for dinner that day. While at wet market, after buying everything we needed to buy, these pinkish shrimp paste caught our attention. Our father used to cook sauteed shrimp paste and we believe that only him cooks it the best. My sister who has a culinary subject in school thought to challenge herself. She wanted to try her ability to sautee' shrimp paste. Besides, it's been a long while since we last tasted it so why not? So, I got her a tablespoon of shrimp paste that cost five pesos.


When we arrived home, it was already 5 in the afternoon so I then started cooking fried fish and sinigang. As requested, I left the shrimp paste for my sister to sautee.  When done cooking, I went upstairs to check on my bloggies, leaving my sister at the kitchen facing her little challenge in trying to copy papa's sautee'. After few minutes, she called me down saying dinner is ready. I went down and was surprised to what I saw. The sauteed shrimp paste didn't just look yummy but pretty because she did a little garnishing on it. She said it's what she learned in school. Hmmn...I tasted and yes, a sprinkle of it on top of my rice can already fill me up!

4 comments