The Javier Clan And Its Pride, My Grandma


posted by Rechie on

No comments

Above is a photo of my mother with her clan, the Javier clan. My mom is the one wearing eyeglasses and the rest are her siblings who were able to make it at reunion and her 83 year-old mother, my ever stronger than a buffalo grandmother despite her age. I am so proud of my grandmother for she gave birth and mothered a dozen children; two boys and ten girls. Yes, my mother has 11 siblings and counting her makes them 12. My mother is the 8th child. The other six siblings of mom's didn't able to attend the reunion because of the distance.

Imagine taking care of a dozen children and taking that responsibility of being a good mother alone when her husband died at a young age and there she is still standing. She can even still fix her pig fence and chicken cage alone. She can still carry a bucket-full of water to water her plants and cook foods for her grandchildren. And here are some things she still can do that I like best: compute lottery numbers, bet at the cock fight, watch for the last two digits result at the basketball game on TV and watch TV series. Her all time favorite series is "Pangako Sa'yo" having Jericho and Kristine (Yna and Angelo) being her favorite love team. To date, her favorite male actor is Jake Cuenca.