Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. As a blogger, what do you draw inspirations from for your posts? Honestly at the present, most of it are drawn from paid posts and the rest from the passion to write.
2. If you could swap blogs with another blogger for a post, who would you switch with and why? it would be with the well-written blogs
3. If your blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why? Run To you...came song that came to mind
4. What is your writing process for a post? for sponsored posts, I use microsoft word first..if not, i'll type on the spot
5. Your blog requires a cute, new, mascot - what would it be? it would be ms. chie..me..lol!
6. Do you feel you express your "true self" on your blog? yes but not all of it
7. What is your biggest online pet-peeve? the brag, or maybe because I am just envious..lol
8. If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you live? Why? Oh my, where would it be?
9. You're having a bad day, you're upset, you're angry, or you're sad - what is your go-to comfort? i try to go to sleep or else i'll break every breakable thing that i touch and then it would be "too late for regrets for me".
10. What is your favorite inspirational quote? nothing in particular for every inspirational quotes are inspirational
11. If they were to make a movie based on your life, who would play you, your leading lady/man, your best friend, and your rival? it would be Angelina Jolie as me, leading man is Brad Pitt, best friend is Nicole Kidman, rival is Julia Roberts
12. Do you think the world is going to end in 2012? no i don't believe, only human ends not the world
13. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be? none
14. What is your favorite season and why? summer - beach
15. You've been bitten by a vampire. Would you fight it with all your undead being or would you embrace it for all it is worth? if there is a way to fight it I would. it is still nice to come out anytime i want without being hunted
16. Have you personally met any of your blogger friends? just one from Cebu
17. What does your favorite pair of underwear look like? thong
18. Have you ever drank something right from the container in the refrigerator knowing other people will have to drink out of the same container later? yes, i have
19. What is your favorite word and explain why? buang, i like it only when my husband says it
20. 2011 is soon coming to a close, is there anything you'd like to do different on your blog in the year 2012? I would like to have a custom domain for this blog
Archive for 2011
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
posted by Rechie L on weekend blog follower caravan
It's a total of two weeks now since I last updated this blog. That long. It's that long I stayed in the lazy lane, lazy for writing or just simply couldn't make time for blogging due to partying every night with friends. The right term would be I've been partying every night with friends that when I get home, I am tired and would just sleep all day leaving me no time to blog. It needs to stop, the partying!
I badly needed to get back to blogging for I missed a lot of activities online. One is the Weekend Blog Follower Caravan. If I didn't religiously adgitize earlier today, I wouldn't know that this blogger caravan from MommyRubz is no under its new host and on its second week already. It is now under the care of Ane, the blogger behind Life According to Me. Congrats Ane!
@garychie. If you do so, I'll gladly return the favor. This week's sponsors by the way are Happy Home and Family and Online Chikadora.
A great deal of computer games have been designed and released in the World Wide Web for parents and young kids to enjoy. Most of them are educational and teaches young kids different skills that they can use in real life situations. One of the most popular simulation games are cooking games that got every young girl talking. Do they learn anything from these games at all?
Young girls are fond of dolls and any activity that their moms usually do. Maybe you have seen your kid looking at you when you cook, and this means they are interested in what you are doing. An early start in the kitchen world is crucial to spark their interest. But the kitchen is not really a safe place for kids. Online cooking games (like Barbie cooking games) are the safest most realistic way to prepare your child in the world of cooking minus the hazards.
The recipes found in online cooking games are based on actual recipes that will therefore imprint these ideas in their minds. When the time comes when they will be allowed to prepare meals in the kitchen, they might try out what they have learned from the game.
Creativity is another important aspect that a child can learn from these games. Although there are recipes, they are on their own when they decorate their meals. This is especially fun when they decorate their own desserts like cakes and banana splits. Their imagination is the limit of these games.
The games also warn them of the possible dangers of the kitchen. They show them how to properly hold a knife, the use of pot holders when something is boiling and how to properly peel fruits and onions. These basic kitchen safety and etiquette are simulated while playing the game.
These computer games are safe and educational. From the factual references to recipes up, creativity and cooking safety, the basics can be learned by simply clicking the button. These games would be more educational if parents will be able to guide them throughout the entire playing time. Educate your child early and she could probably be a great chef one day.
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog? Because I love writing and I like the idea of earning from it :)
2. Why did you choose your blog's name? What does it mean? by the time I was thinking of a name, I thought about hubby...i thought of ranting all bad things about him here when we fight
3. Do you ever had another blog? Yes, there was a total of 12 blogs I had but i took down 2 years ago and will take down another two soon, the other no custom domain blogs. that leaves me a total of 9 running blogs.
4. What do you do online when you're not on your blog? designing blogs or playing online games
5. How about when you're not on the computer? sleeping
6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you? that i am a good person
7. What is your favorite community in the blogosphere? Bisdak Bloggers
8. What is your philosophy on your blog layout? cleanliness and simplicity
9. Tell me about your picture you use to represent you on your blog. those are just my pictures
10. Pick 3 random blogs from your blogroll and tell us about them. (1) My Life's Perception and Inspiration is owned by my blogger mentor Dhemz. Her blog posts about her and her happy family do give inspiration to her readers. (2) Basic Bloganomics is own by Mr. David Funk, the only male blogging friend I have. It has a lot of entertaining blog posts; from the author's personal travel experiences to blogging movies. (3) Lainy's Musings, a very well written blog authored by Lainy. Not only that it's well-written, the blog has informative, straight forward posts.
11. What features do you think your blog should have that it doesn't currently? i couldn't think any
12. What do you consider the 10 most "telling" interests that we would infer from what you blog persona?
I am having a hard time understanding this question but let met try
(1) i write personal experiences mostly
(2) i write random blahs just to update this blog
(3) materialistic and outspoken
(4) i rant and complain a lot
(5) i am kindhearted and a b*tch a bit
(6) i value family a lot
(7) I like to party
(8) but staying home all day doesn't bother me
(9) my dog is like a baby to me
(10) i miss my husband
13. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before? What are they? I don't think I have
14. The best thing about blogging is all of the friends that you make, Beside from those folks, do you think your blog has fans? i think so
15. What's your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination? coffee, i used to just have 2-3, now i drink5+ cups a day
16. What are you glad you did but haven't really had a chance to post about? i created new blogs but i haven't posted about it here yet
17. How many people that first became a blog friend, have you met face to face? 1, Helen Rose
18. What don't you talk about here, either because it's too personal or because you don't have the energy? there are things that are too personal to talk
19. What's a question that you'd love to answer? chie, can we party tonight? it's definitely a yes!
20. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and regretted it? so far i've never a blogging friendship and not hoping for it
21. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and thought, “Was that overdue!” No
posted by Rechie L on seasons|holidays
This picture that is believed to be the former Philippine President's mugshots has made its way to the Internet. I didn't believe the first time I saw it uploaded by one of my friends (which the friend got from a random website) in Facebook. How come the mugshots taken in a hospital? Or was she?
There are two conflicting statements I had read just a while ago in an article regarding the above mugshots of GMA. One party said the above photos are the real mugshots while the other denied. There is even another fraud mugshots of hers that came out. You can see and read the whole article here. Whatever the truth is, I found the former Philippine President in these photos piteous. To pity her is all we can do. She has done a lot of wrongdoings in our country that she must pay.
posted by Rechie L on article resources
A blogger sometimes suffers from mental block, if that’s the right term to call it. I can surely say it’s true for it happens to me. There are times when I am just barely staring at my computer screen with a blank mind or sometimes with a handful of ideas on mind but then the ideas are suddenly blocked. It is frustrating sometimes when you want to share something and then suddenly the ideas are blocked or just slipped away. I end up having an unproductive day, just frustrating!
When that happens, free online contents play a great role in helping us update our blogs. There are sites that offers free article writing services where we, bloggers, can freely copy contents that are customized to fit our blogs’ niche. In a site called Article Writing Services, it provides quality, well-researched, and authoritative articles for blogs and websites absolutely free.
More: Online Law Degree
This incarceration rate graphic would definitely inspire her more to get a law degree.
posted by Rechie L on contests
Gagay is having a giveaway at her site as a celebration of her another blogging success and upcoming birthday. Her blog I am but Gagay has stepped up in Google ranking now having a page rank 3. A call for celebration indeed! Congrats Gagay! And since her birthday is coming up - advance happy birthday to you Ms. G, Gagay thought of incorporating two big celebrations in one extravagant giveaway - Page Rank and Birthday Giveaway wherein 16 lucky winners can bag prizes through random draw. Check out the prizes below and the generous sponsors.
Here are the prizes to be given away:
10 Page Rank Shirts
A total of $360 PayPal cash
1 winner – $100
2 winners – $50 each
4 winners – $25 each
4 winners – $15 each
5 1-year Domain Hosting
This giveaway runs until December 15, so you still have plenty of time to join. But if I were you, I would join right in this instant to be included in the first 10 bloggers to receive a "Page Rank" shirt. Join now!!!
We can say our friendship was bonded with a mutual experience. We were connected for a main reason, we can relate to each other because both of us are in a Filipina-Foreigner relationship, married but sadly facing conflicts in our marriage at the present. Despite all the rough roads and tough times though, both of us managed to live life the best way we can. Meeting Helen and hearing her experiences in marriage have enlightened my thoughts regarding the current issues I am facing with my own. It was so nice meeting her and i do look forward for the next meeting.
posted by Rechie L on contests
Do you already feel the spirit of Christmas? Well, with this giveaway I am going to share to you, you'll definitely can. Since it's Christmas time, many of my co-bloggers have warmly shared their blessing through online contests and giveaways to whoever lucky bloggers that will be picked at the end of the draw date. I as well shared some blessings to an online giveaway, the Georyl's Christmas Giveaway. Georyl's Christmas Giveaway brings you big big prizes that are ready to be won! There'll be 25 lucky winners! Wow! This giveaway I must say is the most generous giveaway I've entered so far this year so come try your luck!
The PrizesOne Winner of $100 Paypal Credits
One Winner of $50 Paypal Credits
Three Winners of $25 Paypal Credits
Five Winners of $10 Paypal Credits
Twelve Winners of $5 Paypal Credits
Three blog makeovers – special prize for bloggers who do the optional task only
Major Sponsors of GEORYL’s Christmas GiveawayGEORYL | Techie She | Chika Bits | Dens Online | Stay at Home Wife and Mother | Work at Home Wife and Mother | Travel Yums | The Food, The Place and the Bad Trips | Mitigating Life’s Uncertainties | Blogger’s Notebook | Zowanderer | The Packrat Wifey | Enairrah’s Travel Thoughts | Enairrah’s Notes and Rumblings | A Wife’s Online Abode | Tinkerputt’s Turf | Simple Happiness | Impulsive Shopper | Momsdrive Online Finds | Nanay Blogs | Make Money Online | Samu’t Sari | The Traveler’s Journey | Khakiness | Walk With Me
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
1. Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work? nope
2. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated? married - he's 10 years older
3. Ever been in a car wreck? nope
4. Were you popular in high school? no
5. Have you ever been on a blind date? yes, in high school
6. Are looks important? yes
7. Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more? yes,a lot
8. By what age would you like to be married? i wish to be married at the age of 27, but i got married married 6 years early
9. Does the number of people a person’s slept with affect your view of them? nope
10. Have you ever made a mistake? yes, a lot
11. Are you a good tipper? kind of
12. What’s the most you have spent for a haircut? 150php
13. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? yes
14. Have you ever peed in public? public toilet
15. What song do you want played at your funeral? ____
16. Would you tell your parents if you were gay? yes, i would
17. What would your last meal be before getting executed? roast pig
18. Beatles or Stones? or
19. If you had to pick one person on earth to die, who would it be? ay..what a question
20. Beer, wine or hard liquor? wine...make it red
21. Do you have any phobias? no, i wont tell
22. What are your plans for the future? finish what i have started
After six months of not visiting home, I decided to visit yesterday for All Saints Day or undas or Todos los Santos. It's a practice and it is hard to break it. It was as well a reason to visit my mother. Mom had her 20-kilo pig rolled for a roast. Baby roast pig, yum! I have been missing and craving for the taste of roast pig's crispy skin and yesterday I had my craving satisfied. Thanks mom for having such a grand preparation for us. You truly misses us big time! Accompanying me in my visit home yesterday were my little sisters and father of course.
posted by Rechie L on phone services
Recession is still felt anywhere in the world. This means anyone still makes effort to cut some digits off any of their bills. Anyone feels like being deprived from unlimitedly using the much needed services nowadays. One of the services we need in our daily life I would say is a cellphone service. It is as important as electricity and water because it is used as means of communication. It bridges you and your loved-ones near and far and is very useful during emergency.
With the crisis we have been facing, phone service rates also went higher except Straight Talk. Do you know that you can now save on phone bills? You can make the most out of Straight Talk with your Andriod phone. You can Feel Richer with Android by availing Straight Talk affordable plans because you can save as much as half on your cellphone bills. Unlike other cellphone services, Straight Talk has no contract settlement, no surprise bills, and no credit checks. There is as well no fees on activation, reactivation and termination.
The getting richer effect has expanded... by LittleBard95
Its unlimited monthly service is $45. It allows you to call, send text message, and browse the web unlimited. You can call a friend with straight talk international service at low rates with its flexible prepaid calling service. Calling 411 even cost you no extra charge while subscribed in the service. Now if you prefer for a long term of use, you can get a year plan and conquer the The power of Android with Straight Talk's "All You Need Plan" if you are a heavy cellphone user. Straight Talk phone service is available with Straight Talk’s trusted phone brands such as LG, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung and Kyocera.
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
Cheers to all of us thieves!
41. What is a quote that you love? There's a lot but I would like to share this one: "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, but just felt in the heart" by Helen Keller
42. Do you think of pure hate as something humanity created? don't think so
43. When was the last time you wanted to scream? this noon, after reading my husband's email (finally heard from him)
44. Do you ever at times see the world in black and white? yes
45. Have you ever thought that cell phones are too obtrusive? yes, especially the newest series
46. In your life, where do you think the rainbow will end? at my end...lol
47. What is something that you never want to do again? to deal with unpleasant people
48.When was the first time you realized the world was small? when I met Mr. Gary Wilks Jr.
49. How you spend your time contemplating life’s mysteries? i have
50. Ever discuss your political beliefs with people? yes
51. Do you care about the environment? yes
52. What’s your motto for life? Ability is like tax deduction, we use it or we lose it.
53. Is progress destroying the beauty of the world? the Natural beauty, yes. Nowadays, we are almost covered with fictional beauty but what can we do? We all hope for progress.
54. Do you believe there is life somewhere else in the universe? To see is to believe...that's another motto haha
55. Would you like to rule a country? No. I can't even rule my life.
56. Do you believe everything has a purpose? Yes. Reason why I wasn't able to go to Zambo. is for me to read my husband's Ymail message.
57. Is war ever for the best? not all the time
58. Could you kill anyone in defense of self or loved ones? Yes!
59. How do you react to people (Such as Governor Rick Perry) who don't believe global warming is really our fault? They're from other planet I think.
60. Does love conquer all? True love, yes
61. Is euthanasia morally acceptable? my lips are zipped in this matter
62. Is world peace impossible? Yes, chaos were already present even before when only Adam's family was occupying the world, how much more nowadays?
63. Is pride a good or a bad thing? sometimes it is...sometimes
64.What do you think is the purpose of your life? To live.
65. Do you believe in karma? Yes.
My eyes have gotten worse but still, I was able to finish the works that needed my attention promptly. I am quite surprise myself. It's funny though that when I have complications, works come rushing. Since work is what I am here for, I definitely won't say no when it knocks as long as I can do and as much as I can handle. It's almost a week of my suffering from Pink Eye but this whole week, I surprisingly was able to do my job.
I am happy with my accomplishments this week. I was able to finish writing the much needed articles. Then just three days ago, I finished the layout my blogger friend Geraldine asked for. I even installed the layout to her blog right away. Then yesterday I started working on another blogger layout for Sheng. Hopefully, I will be able to finish it by Sunday. I will soon share the screen shots of the layouts to my Scrap Blog.
While working on Sheng's layout yesterday, I at the same time was working on a video, more like a slideshow of random photos of me and friends taken at our night-out party with the accompaniment of our current favorite beat Teach Me How To Dougie by Cali Swag. Today, I finished creating a video of Cheep's pictures with the accompaniment of her boyfriend's favorite song, Kunin Mo Na Ang Lahat sa Akin. The video was requested by my little sister's boyfriend. Sweet! So I created it despite me having sore eyes. I will share the videos later in my other blog - Fun and Entertainment.
posted by Rechie L on home and living
There are times when a woman of the house can’t handle the household chores. If not because it’s an exhausting task, it is a tedious task where they’ll go weary doing the same work over and over again. At some point they are so enthusiastic in doing chores, running errands but sooner or later, just by looking at all the mess either exhausts or bores them. Being a housewife for three years, I do understand the whines of other housewives especially those who are working in and outside their home. They need to be pleased when they don't feel like doing the daily tasks. Lending them some hands to help out with their daily tasks is a great idea so they can relax at least for a day. Why not please them for once by getting a maid to please service? House cleaning service Reston VA offers maid to please service, a house cleaning service that helps the wives out there with all the chores in the house. You might need the service now so come check it out!
posted by Rechie L on bc bloggers
What a bad luck! Previously, I talked about my excitement to pick my EON card in Zamboanga City branch of Union Bank but my excitement shattered by sore eyes. The planned date to go to Zamboanga is today but now that I am having sore eyes, staying home is the best option. Traveling with sore eyes would just worsen the infection and I don't want it to happen.
The sore eyes/red eyes started on the 16th, Sunday after I got infected by my younger sister Cheem. I woke up with a heavy and sore eyelids and when I looked at the mirror, there I saw both eyes were red. The right eye though is badly infected. I believed it causes the little swollen lymph nodes that appeared at the side of the opening of my ear. I've been applying red eye drops called Eye Mo on both eyes since Sunday hoping to lessen the infection. So far it had helped a bit. I hope it will be totally healed by the 20th so I can push through my trip to Zamboanga City and so that I would not pass the infection to my friends who's accompanying me there. Of course, I badly want to pick my EON card already. I've been anticipating to own it since 2009.
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
1. Is there someone in your life you know you’d be better off without? Yes
2. Do you get criticized because of your body? Yes, i am short
3. Did you kiss the last person you called? No
4. When was the last time you danced? Early this morning with friends in a bar
5. Do you keep in mind other people’s feelings? Yes, when I am not drunk and mad. Lol!
6. If you have a hang nail, do you pull it or clip it? Pull it
7. Who do you want to forget? i rather not say
8. Who was the last person to send you a letter? blogger friends
9. Who did you last tell to shut up? friends
10. What’s the last thing that you smelt that smelt bad? my poo
11. What’s your favorite cereal? any Kellog's
12. How do you feel when people lead you on, but they don’t even like you? I would feel embarrassed but what can I do...gotta back out
13. Could you live without sunlight? No.
14. What’s something you know is bad, but you want to do it anyway? smoke
15. What was the last thing you lied about? I am okay
16. Do you regret anything you’ve done in the past week? No
17. What was the last movie you bought? In The Name of Love
18. What is a sport you would like to do? Tennis
19. When was the last time you felt like crying? last night
20. Have you ever wanted to kill someone (not that you actually do it)? yes
21. What was the last song you listened to that wasn’t sung in English? That Man (Korean)
22. One of our SS players generally leaves a critical comment on our memes. Which is fine. All's fair. Do you let meme authors know when you hate their memes? not directly but through my answers
23. What TV show would you like to be on? The Biggest Loser
24. What was the last video game you played? Baldur's Gate
25. Have you ever been in a musical? If yes, do tell. No
26. Do you follow your own style or everyone else’s? own style
27. What’s the last store you bought from? Chooks To Go - I bought a whole roasted chicken
28. In retrospect, have you ever let a person use you a lot? hell no!
29. What are you doing two days from now? hopefully, will travel to Zambo. City
30. Did you ever believe there were monsters in your closet? I did
31. When you graduated high school, did you let random people sign your yearbook or just close friends? I didn't have a year book
32. Would you consider adopting a child that had a mental illness? no
33. Does thinking about death scare you? Yes
34. If you died, do you believe that you go to Heaven or Hell and where would your spirit go? I believe i will join the soil
35. Who did you last write a snail mail letter to and why? It was hubby 3 years ago. I sent him a birthday card.
36. Do you care what people say or think about you? When thinking about what other people say and think is the only thing I can do. Do you know those times when you're bored?
37. Have you ever been threatened? Yes
38. Which side of your family do you get most of your qualities from? father side
39. What was the last thing with alcohol that you drank? Boracay in Fuse Box last night
40. Have you ever kept a relationship a secret? No. What's the use of being in a relationship when you can't let other people know?
I've been out and about these past weeks just partying every night until morning with friends. It isn't bad to enjoy life and kick depression away, right? It's nice to party without spending too much dime plus being with the good looking party people - boys and girls in the city. You can't blame me. You'll just have to shower a couple of hundred pesos and then you're good to enjoy the night drinking Tanduay Ice and Boracay shaker, dancing and getting silly with rock music and mingling with new friends.
I would like to share the night outs I went to with my ever-missed batch mates last month. It's quite been a long time since I last hanged out with them so I was so thankful they visited me recently.
These photos above were taken on Oct. 15, 2011. That night was a plain girls night-out but we were accompanied by my friend's (in black) boyfriend. We went bar hopping; from Fuse Box - my favorite disco bar to hang out that opens from Monday to Saturday, Balai Resto Bar - hut style bar opens daily to Sights and Sounds - we paid Php250.00 for an hour use of their Videoke Room. I let my friends tried SnS's style of bl0wj0b drink. I had a blast big time that night with these cool girl friends.
posted by Rechie L on blogging
I am confused now with all my blogs' page ranks. If you look at all my blog page ranks hosted in blogger, each says its PR was not affected by the recent PR update by Google but when I visited inpostlinks dot com earlier to check whether I have open opportunities or not, all my blogs there were ranked zero. Well, this is not my first experience with mistaken ranks on blogs or ungraded blogs in inpostlinks. It happened to me twice already last year leaving me not making money during the entire time. I wonder if this happened to other bloggers too. I wonder on how long my blogs stay ungraded in inpostlinks.
posted by Rechie L on Monday Mayhem
1. Tell us how to make the perfect bowl of popcorn.
First, you have to have some corn to pop. I prefer microwave popping corn for it's very easy to prepare. So now you have a package of microwave popping corn, the next thing you'll do is to perfectly follow the instructions seen at the back of package.
2. The light just turned yellow and you're 10 feet away. How do you proceed?
It's not bad to run the light sometimes when that close.
3. How do you deal with poor food quality at a restaurant?
I just eat it, pay, leave a bill tip and leave. There is no poor quality food when I am hungry. It sure is better than my cooking anyway.
4. Tell us how you deal with an odd co-worker.
Luckily, I don't have one for I am the one. Lol!
5. How do you dump someone (friend or more than friend)?
I start by avoiding the person and if he's smart enough, he should get the meaning.
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Can you cook? Yes. Cooking rice is cooking.
2. What was your dream growing up? To be a teacher.
3. What talent do you wish you had? Painting and to stand in front the crowd and talk. What do you call that?
4. Favorite place? My place.
5. Favorite vegetable? Baguio beans and cabbage.
6. What was the last book you read? The Dark Elf Trilogy
7. What zodiac sign are you? Capricorn
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? A butterfly tattoo on my leg and piercing on both ears...used to have tongue piercing.
9. Worst Habit? Smoking
10. Do you personally know anybody on Blog? Yes. There are two that I encouraged to blog and they did.
11. What is your favorite sport? Gymnastic.Recently hooked to watching hockey.
12. Negative or Optimistic attitude? I have both.
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an lift with someone of the opposite sex? Call for help or wait for the lift to open.
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you? Having a husband who has amnesia (come on now, that's an idiom!).
15. Tell me one weird fact about you: I easily get tired of a thing and a situation.
16. Do you have any pets? I have one, a dog.
17. Do you know how to do the macarena? Haha! Yes since grade school.
18. Is the sun shining where you are now? No. It's a "good evening" here now.
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Scary when I was little, now they are cute.
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? My HEIGHT!
21. Would you be my good angel or bad angel? Neither.
22. What color eyes do you have? Black.
23. Ever been married? Yehhh! As if I can boast it.
24. Bottle or Draft? Bottle....preferably.
25. If you won £10,000 today, what would you do with it? Spend it and have fun. Life is short they said.
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew? ICool!
27. What's your favorite bar to hang at? Disco bar....Fuse Box! Not only that I want to hang out, I want to own it. Lol!
28. Do you believe in ghosts? I think because I am scared of them.
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Eat
30. Do you swear a lot? No, only if I need to.
31. Biggest pet peeve? Those who obviously befriend a person because they need milk.
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Unique
33. In two words, how would you describe yourself? Good & Bad
I applied for an EON Visa Debit Card last night through online application. Wow! I didn’t think it was that fast and easy. I’ve been trying to get an EON card since the 2009 for a main reason - to use for Paypal verification. I tried applying online but unfortunately online application was then unavailable. So I tried applying to one of the closest Union Bank branch (I chose Tagbilaran branch) in person of the same year but again I was unfortunate. They didn’t take my school ID. They were looking for a TIN Card along with my Postal ID. Also, I heard Union Bank discontinued the issuance of EON Visa Debit Card at that time for some reason.
When I learned that online application for EON card is available, I took the opportunity without second thought. Good thing I passed by a blog of a friend the other day and read her post about her successful online application for EON Card. It’s then I knew that online application for EON card is back. It was just like a snap of fingers. Few minutes after, I received SMS confirmation that my application is successful together with the reference number that I need in order to pick up my card. I am excited! Now I am waiting for a confirmation that my card is ready for pick up. This time, I chose Zamboanga, Jaldon branch because aside from being the closest, I’ve never been there.
If you want to have EON Visa Debit Card you can now apply online. Click here to visit the EON online application page.
Do you apply shampoo on your hair daily? We are advised not to apply shampoo daily for a reason that it washes out the natural oil the hair needs. Do you believe it? I still find it hard not to apply shampoo everyday but the warning is very alarming though. According to a hair expert in a salon I visited two weeks ago, washing hair too much could shred it and the scalp of natural oils causing flakes and frizz due to chemicals that are present in a shampoo. Too much shampoo could cause a scalp to dry leading to dandruff. She advised to use water or leave-on conditioner daily instead to keep hair in its beautiful glow.
Although not applying shampoo daily doesn’t necessarily mean we don’t take a bath everyday, still the feeling that we are not totally clean is there. It worries us and keeps us uneasy all day. Good thing there is a complete line of dry shampoo that revives the look and feel of our hair whatever style it may be on days we skip shampoo. The approach of TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo in the lines of hair care is the answer to all our worries of skipping shampoo. This line of dry shampoo is widely used now and is even featured in a video of Top Hair Products for School.
Why it’s called dry shampoo, because we do not need water to apply it to our hair. This line of dry shampoo is uniquely formulated to absorb excess oil off the hair, remove unpleasant odor and rejuvenate hair without a drop of water. Every dry shampoos has citrus extract infused leaving hair clean, fresh and fragrant.
How to apply TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo on hair? Here are tips on how to get the best result using dry shampoos:
- Shake vigorously before use and in between spray bursts for best results.
- Lift sections of dry hair and spray lightly at roots.
- Spray in short bursts, holding 8 to 12 inches from head.
- Don't spray it like hair spray as in spraying all over and continuously.
- After completely spraying hair, leave it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use hands or brush to distribute product evenly.
- If clogging occurs, remove nozzle and rinse it under warm water then reattach.
posted by Rechie L on women thing
Most women love shopping. Agree? I do love shopping when my wallet is full. Clothing, among other things would surely be present in our shopping list. After picking clothes off the racks and before heading to the counter, we head next to trial rooms or fitting rooms to make sure our picks fit our built very well. Now, how sure could we be that there's no one enjoying the show while we are fitting the clothes on? There could be a hidden camera somewhere. Another thing in a fitting room that we should be alarm with is the mirror. How could we be sure we are not facing a two-way mirror while taking off our clothes?
I read a warning regarding hidden cameras and two-way mirrors in trial/fitting rooms and how to identify them for the safely of all women against hidden perverts. I, being a woman thought of sharing it with you in case you haven't read of this yet
How to Detect Hidden Camera in Trial Room?
In front of the trial room take your mobile and make sure that mobile can make calls.
Then enter into the trail room, take your mobile and make a call.
If u can't make a call, there is a hidden camera!!!
This is due to the interference of fiber optic cable during the signal transfer.
How to Detect a Two-way Mirror?
When we visit toilets, bathrooms, hotel rooms, changing rooms, etc., how many of you know for sure that the seemingly ordinary mirror hanging on the wall is a real mirror, or actually a 2-way mirror? They can see you, but you can't see them. There have been many cases of people installing 2-way mirrors in female changing rooms or bathroom or bedrooms.
It is very difficult to positively identify the surface by just looking at it. So, how do we determine with any amount of certainty what type of Mirror we are looking at?
Conduct This Fingernail Test:
Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it is a GENUINE mirror.
However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then BEWARE, IT IS A 2-WAY MIRROR! (There may be someone seeing you from the other side). So remember, every time you see a mirror, do the "fingernail test." It doesn't cost you anything. It is simple to do.
This is a really good thing to do. The reason there is a gap on a real mirror, is because the silver is on the back of the mirror UNDER the glass.
Whereas with a two-way mirror, the silver is on the surface. Keep it in mind! Make sure and check every time you enter in hotel rooms.
Share this with your sisters, wife, daughters, friends, colleagues, etc.
Pass this message to all your friends in the contacts.
Thanks to Sanaulla Shoupa for all these tips.
posted by Rechie L on Monday Mayhem
My vacation in blogging I think was long enough. I seriously need to be back and start making a living off it again. Since it's Monday today, Monday Mayhem would be a cool meme to use as a come back post.
Here it goes:
I got to explain to Mr. Mayhem why:
1. Late people in a movie theater always make noise and sit in front of me.
... because they are not aware how many people are there inside the theater much more you're sitting behind.
2. Why people choose to walk in the street rather than use the sidewalk.
... because it's nice walking on a spacey way.
3. Why teens in pictures on Facebook always have to hold a red cup to prove they are cool.
... because it's the only way for them to prove they are.
4. Why there could be nobody in line for the bathroom until you need to go.
... because others, like you, find it awesome to be standing next in line to a good-looking pal. lol!
5. Why some Walmart's have up to 100 check out lanes
... i've no idea. You tell me.
6. Why they always need re-adjusting or scratching.
... because there are things that are always crooked and itchy
7. Why people go 30mph in the left lane in a 45 zone.
... because they're trying to be cool and end up looking like a fool lying on a hospital bed
8. Why people in congress are getting a raise.
... because they are great in getting a raise, I think.
9. Why people on bicycles think they can weave through traffic and ignore lights and stop signs.
... because... tsk, just let them be.
10. Why computers like to tell you they need to be restarted only when you are in the middle of doing something important.
... because it's teaching you how to follow your boss' command
Before planning for insurance, senior citizens must remember that a written proposal is always better than spoken word, some insurance agents are purely incentive-driven, understand everything you are supposed to sign, and there are insurance policy scams.
One of the fundamental reasons for buying insurance is to be able have some form of security for the future. Senior citizens should take into consideration that they will need to protect the assets they have accumulated through the years in case of uncertain calamities as well as the fact that they should help secure the future of the people dependent on them. Life Insurance Leads have made it easier for insurance groups to address the different insurance needs of senior citizens and are able to promote their products better. Unfortunately, senior citizens are bombarded with many insurance products with different coverage and benefits. Choosing the right one could be a daunting task for anyone who does not know some things about how insurance works. Here are some reminders:
A written proposal is always better than spoken word
Always make it a point to have all the insurance proposals you receive be in written form. This is so you will have proof of the agreement and be able to review the details of the insurance policy later on. Some insurance agents could sweet-talk their way into convincing customers to choose an insurance policy and leave out all the limitations of the policy. Always have every insurance proposal presented in written form with a comprehensive list of the requirements, limitations, costs and other pertinent details.
Some insurance agents are purely incentive-driven
There are some insurance agents who are purely incentive-driven. They could promise you anything and pressure you to include an insurance policy to your financial plans immediately, instead of paying attention to what you really need. Watch who you entrust your financial plans to and choose an insurance agent who is willing to take time to understand your financial concerns and insurance needs. If your insurance agent is pressuring you to make a decision right away, it might be a good idea to find a new agent.
Understand everything you are supposed to sign
Take time to read and understand every contract related to the insurance policy you are about to purchase. Don’t sign anything that you have not read thoroughly. If possible, you can also ask the advice of a family member, trusted friend or legal adviser. Don’t be afraid to ask for clarifications if there is something in the contract that is not clear to you.
There are insurance policy scams
As in most fields of business, the insurance industry is not exempt from scammers who are waiting to take advantage of unwitting customers. Make sure the people or companies you are about to deal with are properly licensed and backed with a credible track record. You can personally contact the insurance commissioner of your state to background check on a company or an agent. You can also ask for feedback from your friends and family.
It is generally a good idea to include an insurance policy in your financial plans but, in the end, it is your responsibility as a customer to make an effort to find a good investment that you and your family can benefit from.
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
Cheers to all of us thieves!
21) Have you ever flown a kite? yes
22) Do you wish on your fallen lashes? yes
23) Do you consider yourself successful? yes..of my little wishes
24) When was the last time that you made an obscene phone call? never made such call
25) Have you ever asked for a pony? yes
26) Plans for tomorrow? settle payments
27) Can you juggle? nope
28) Missing someone now? yes
29) When was the last time you told someone "I love you"? just a while ago...to my dog
30) And truly meant it? Yes!
31) How often do you drink alcohol? occasionally
32) How are you feeling today? bored
33) Have you ever tried to write a meme? nope
34) Have you ever been fired from a job? no
35) What are you looking forward to? a smooth move-in to a new place
36) Have you ever crawled through a window? yes...high school days
37) What's the most recent bad meal that you had to endure? none
38) Can you handle the truth? not all the time
39) Whose to blame for what's going on? the one who's responsible for such action
40) What will it take to fix it all up? talk
posted by Rechie L on just beautiful
If posting a blog post is as important as attending a class in school everyday, I could have been in the drop out list already. I have several absences in the blog land, particularly in this blog to think this is the most special among the few I have. I lost my appetite in logging in here and updating when the page rank, from 4, dropped down to 2. Luckily, after another round of page rank update recently, it had earned a point making it 3.
With that rank, I should be thankful. I must bring this blog again to life and it should start today with this just beautiful subject - the lovely full bloom orchid picked freshly from my little garden and photographed in colored and black & white.
I would say this blog is neglected. If before I update this blog one to three times a day, now only once a week. I don't feel the drive to update this blog daily anymore because I already have a new refuge online which is the new hosted blog, Chie 101. Whatever that I want to write here end up posted in the said new blog. I must restart my drive again for this blog. I need to be inspired again to continue updating this blog.
For inspiration, sometimes I think about looking into free content and other resources for websites at Article Writing Services. Those with online college degrees offer great insights and add to blog conversations.
Other blogs that I neglected are my photo blog Chie's Camera Works and my scrap booking blog Scrap Collection. I lost appetite in these hobbies anymore plus my computer always get into my nerves as it sleeps without notice. The power problem of my computer I think is the main reason why I neglect the said blogs because it has gotten worst that it sleeps many times a day. It just keeps shutting down on me several times a day. Tsk. I need a new one!
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
I am so late to steal but the linky is still up therefore, I can still participate.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. What has been your longest love relationship? my relationship with my husband - pursued for 1 year, engaged for 1 year and married for 3 years
2. What was the last gift that you received? a dress from sister
3. What do you spend your extra cash on? take-out foods
4. If you could live anywhere would you live? i would live where i am living right now
5. Who's your cell provider? any specification?
6. What's your favorite mall store? Lee Plaza
7. What's the longest job that you've had? (No parenting does not count!) hooker...lol...nanny
8. If you won the lottery, who'd you call first? the outlet that gives me my winning to ask for assistance on how to claim it safely and privately
9. If you won, how would you spend your money after investments? life's a bitch and then you die so let's have a party!
10. When was the last time you went to church (or a religious house)? last 2 weeks
11. What's the biggest lie that you've heard? "you're a true friend" people who usually tell me this are untrue. they are those who have committed mistakes on me - who have stabbed and killed me in my back. To tell you what, I am a mongos - i can either be bad and good, either be true and untrue. in short, i am a human.
12. When you go out with your friends, where do you go? fuse box...haha
13. When was the last time that you cried? last night
14. What food do you hate? some raw sea foods...
15. What do you like best about yourself? being a mongos
Wouldn't it be exciting to be a part of forensic science colleges and earn a fire science degree, be a part of the action?
posted by Rechie L on top commenters
Techie She (4)
Eric Graham Conversion Doctor (4)
A Woman's Note (2)
Mom's Place (2)
I am sorry for posting the linky love for my top commentators late. Life has been crazy in my corner. There were lots of worries and unpleasant things that happened. The worries I faced the past weeks were making me crazy. I am just glad the I got the major worry settled yesterday. It was like a big thorn that had pulled off. What a relief!
Anyway, I would like to thank my top commentators for visiting and commenting in my blog posts here. As you might have noticed, I didn't update this blog as much lately. I was saddened due to the lost rank but I thank Google for showering kindness this PR update. It added 1 point to my page rank. Even though I didn't update this blog that much the past month, you still visited and left lines to my posts. Thank you!
Adventure therapy can help develop a sense of community, build self-esteem, enhance someone's sense of responsibility, decrease recidivism, and give participants an avenue to talk about problems and growth.
You have probably come across wilderness challenge programs shown on television shows and in published articles, and some television networks even recreate this type of challenge for primetime broadcasting. Wilderness Programs have been given different critiques since the time they were initially introduced. Wilderness challenge programs are also called adventure therapy, and they are generally meant to help young people as well as preteens who are considered to be at risk. Below are some of the effects that are often expected from wilderness challenge courses:
Establish a sense of community
A lot of adventure therapy programs are founded on the concept of developing a sense of community amongst members. A lot of at-risk youth are experiencing a time in their personal lives in which they experience an intense sense of isolation, unfortunately this feeling can be destructive for them. Adventure therapy programs are geared towards giving teens a sense of security through being in a constructive and open community. Team-building activities are standard activities used in attaining this goal.
Among the primary objectives of wilderness challenges is to boost the self-confidence of its participants. It relies on the concept that if teens possess personal respect, they will be less likely to do something dangerous and negative. Activities incorporated into the courses that concentrate on building one's self-esteem include the rope challenge. Rope challenges make use of different paraphernalia consisting of ropes, just like bridges, walkways and ladders, which are suspended up on trees. Additionally, there are safety nets put together, yet the principal goal for participants is to conquer their fears by navigating through the entire rope challenge. A similar and more common activity is rock climbing.
Enhance the participant's sense of responsibility
Another goal that wilderness programs work toward is an increased sense of responsibility. Throughout the whole program, members are assigned various duties and functions that will have an effect to the group as a whole. The progress of participants is awarded and recognized. Rewards can be intangible prizes, just like more independence, or material rewards, just like trophies along with other items.
Recidivism is the rate that persons return to incarceration. Wilderness challenge programs attempt to reduce recidivism of its attendees. Research indicates that individuals who engaged in adventure therapy had a recidivism rate of 29%, on the other hand, those who didn't join had an increased rate of 37%. While the difference between 29% and 37% may or may not be translated into good results, it may be indicative of a measurable development for wilderness challenge participants.
Provide participants a means to share concerns and growth
A lot of wilderness programs include talk therapy. Talk therapy is an excellent way of determining the improvement of the program, how successful it is and and its effects on the participants. Therapists involved in talk therapy help young people understand how the programs are influencing them. Furthermore, it supplies participants a positive atmosphere where they can speak about any issues and concerns that they are undergoing.
Wilderness challenge programs vary in length, but all of them incorporate the essential components of personal responsibility and community involvement.
posted by Rechie L on Sunday Stealing
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Movie you love with a passion. Passion of Christ (I'll never get bored watching it)
2. Movie you vow to never watch. porn movies (i broke the vow though)
3. Movie that literally left you speechless. Mr. and Mrs. Smith
4. Movie you always recommend. Air Bud
5. Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie. Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock
6. Actor/actress you don’t get the appeal for. rather not tell
7. Actor/actress, living or dead, you’d love to meet. rather not tell
8. Sexiest actor/actress you’ve seen. (Picture required!) Sid Lucero (Fil. actor)
9. Dream cast. too many to write down
10. Favorite actor pairing. Brangelina, Raphael Russel and Denise Laurel, Lee Min Ho and Yeon Eun He (Korean)
11. Favorite movie setting. historic
12. Favorite decade for movies. historic
13. Chick flick or action movie? i can deal with both
14. Hero, villain or anti-hero? hero and villain...i look more on how good the portrayal is
15. Black and white or color? color
posted by Rechie L on personal
I had no computer for two days because both, the PC and the laptop were crashed. The laptop was my fault for I punched it to death for about a week ago while I was in the states of anger and confusion. I had it repaired but the repairmen gave me a hopeless remark. Tsk. Now I am in a state of resentment for I just punched a couple of thousand dollars worth of laptop. I told my sister to take away important stuffs when I am angry for I'll likely crash a thing that triggers my anger yet she was too scared to even come near me. Haist, I can't blame her but myself.
The PC on the other hand was just having a tantrum after the sudden short brown out two days ago. It was totally fine when I started it that morning before heading down to prepare my first cup of coffee when suddenly, the power went off. I didn't know the reason of the black out that day but it was just for a short period of time like about two hours. When the power got back up, I started the computer back on but to my dismay it didn't power up. It's been like that for the whole day. Thanks goodness someone in the neighborhood offered a free service to repair my PC. Sadly, he wasn't able to reboot and repair for it was struck by a deadly virus plus the sudden shut down affected it. It was my fault for I didn't use the UPS that day. Although my PC is not healed yet, the good neighbor had lent me his extra PC just two hours ago so I can use the Internet while mine is still under repair.