Hubby Worries About Tsunami and the New Yahoo Mail Beta


posted by Rechie on , ,

3 comments

Yes, I started using the new yahoo mail yesterday, the Yahoo! Mail Beta. The use of if so far was good. I like the color, purple and the new way of reading the mail, which opens a new window/tab inside your yahoo mail. I like the use of yahoo instant messaging too but the problem is, you can't write a custom message on your status unlike the old yahoo mail messenger. My husband and I when online on YM, we have custom message on. I used to use my custom message saying "busy talking to my hunkie, don't bug me" or "busy talking to hubby but sponsors can bug me". Other than the absence of custom message, I see no other problem. I am liking the new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Check out hubby's custom status message.
Click on photo to enlarge.

Now for my husband's worries over tsunami heading my way, it kept him awake since 2:00 a.m (his time). He was trying to contact me around that time, which was around 5:00 p.m. here in the Philippines. At that time I was downstairs watching the news. His mom and sister was worried too as they were the ones who saw the news on TV and woke hubby up to inform him. SIL contacted me first as hubby's computer screwed up and failed to start up right away. Here are the messages:

Due to panic I think that SIL didn't able to finish her message 
and just sent the message right away hoping to hear from me.

This is the second message I received from her worrying. 

Finally hubby got to email me. I do understand his worries.
I am so touched and sad at the same time that
this tsunami made them feel worried about me and my family.

Yesterday, our household was indeed wrapped in fear because of what happened to Japan. Plus there were reports that tsunami is heading to Philippine east coast. Although we are along north coast, if the said tsunami is a destructive one, we'll surely be affected especially my parents and relatives in my hometown who are living nearby shore. My grandma lose consciousness last night after watching the news about Japan on TV and the warning about tsunami to arrived Philippines around 9:00. I didn't sleep until 1:00 a.m. I was  contacting my parents all along to check their safety and at the same time checking the latest news online.   

List of Philippine provinces that are said to be affected are Batanes, Ilocos Norte, Cagayan, Isabel (hit by the first wave of tsunami, thank God was only slight wave), Aurora, Quezon, Camarines Norte and Sur, Catanduanes, Albay, Northern and Eastern Samar, Sorsogon, Northern Leyte, Leyte, Surigao Del Sur and Del Norte, Davao Oriental and del Sur.

As of today, we are all glad that the tsunami waves didn't bring even a bit of destruction to Philippines. We are still on the alert level until tomorrow. If no big waves hit east coast tomorrow (we strongly hope), then we are all safe. 

3 comments